When winter hits, the last thing you want to be doing is getting your legs out for an evening of hair removal against the cold shower glass when they are all dry and cracked.
Instead, get out of hibernation mode for a while and moisturize your skin so even if you do have to (unwillingly) get your legs out at some point, you’ll be ready!
The cold weather is harder on your skin so here are the top five reasons to wax and ensure you keep that healthy summer glow all year round:
- Before waxing you should exfoliate the skin and remove any dead cells so when it comes to moisturizing, you won’t feel like you’re hitting your head against a brick wall. Moisturize after you have waxed so your skin will quickly feel the benefits.
- Winter is the perfect time to focus on the places people see the most – namely, your face. Sorry. Facial hair removal CAN be painful but with the right product, such as Veet® High Precision Facial Wax it will be over in a flash and you’ll feel a whole lot better for it. The precision tip of the wax product which allows the user to grip the hair much better and cause less pain.
- Feel the added benefit of waxing without shaving in between so your skin feels softer for longer. If the thought of that leaves you feeling cold then remember shaving encourages your hair to grow back thicker meaning when your next wax comes, it’s going to be a lot more painful!
- If you’re planning a quick getaway, plan to do your bikini hair removal a few days in advance. Start off with a cleansing wipe before you wax, and afterwards prevent ingrown hairs by putting something cold on the area to close pores as quickly as possible.
- As your body hair grows at three different rates, maintaining a regular wax schedule will ensure the hairs are conditioned to keep growing at the same time. Also, waxing weakens the roots so when hair removal is back on the agenda, it won’t be as painful!
Like most of us, people will cave in and end up shaving but if you put the feeling of smooth legs above the feeling of a blanket and open fire then there are plenty of options to keep it as quick and less painless.
The main thing to remember is you need to keep your skin moisturized in order to keep it looking and feeling healthy. Wash in lukewarm water and moisturize immediately afterwards and before you go to bed.
Other useful tips include protecting your skin against adverse temperatures. If you are outside, wrap up warmly and wear tights if your legs become particularly dry. Also, when you have the heating on in the house, put out a bowl of water to humidify the air.
Finally, keep drinking plenty of water!