VEET TIKTOK GIVEAWAY.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Veet TikTok Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by RB Health (Canada) Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12 p.m. (ET) on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with TikTok. TikTok is hereby completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to TikTok. You may only use one (1) TikTok account (an “Account”) to participate in this Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry, or who are between the ages of sixteen (16) and the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence (each, a “Minor”) provided any such Minor’s parent/legal guardian has consented to his/her participation in the Contest and has accepted and agreed to be legally bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) on the Minor’s behalf; except employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, associated and affiliated entities, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively with the Sponsor, the “Contest Parties”).
2. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final and binding. To enter the Contest,
a. Online Entry: To enter and be eligible to earn one (1) online entry (an “Online Entry”), log-in to your Account, visit the official Veet Canada channel @veetcanada on TikTok and locate the Contest-related post (the "Contest Post") during the Contest Period. Next, follow and complete the instructions in the Contest Post during the Contest Period, including the requirement to: (i) “like” the Contest Post; (ii) leave a comment on the Contest Post; and, (iii) be or become a “follower” of the @veetcanada account (the “ Veet Account”) on TikTok. Note: you can un-follow the Veet Account at any time after the Contest Period ends without impacting your chances of winning. When all required steps of the online entry process are complete, you will automatically be eligible to earn one (1) Online Entry in the Contest.
To be eligible, all content and materials associated with your Online Entry (each, an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”), as applicable (collectively, the “Entry Materials”) must: (i) be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules; (ii) include all required components and materials noted above; (iii) be in compliance with these Rules (including, without limitation, the Submission Requirements set out below); and (iv) as applicable, be in accordance with the TikTok terms, rules, policies and guidelines (the “Social Platform Rules”) (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
All Entries, Entry Materials, Requests and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest and/or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the TikTok Account associated with the Entry. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that they are the authorized account holder.
3. ENTRY LIMIT AND CONDITIONS: Limit of one (1) Entry per person (regardless of the method of Entry). Limit of one (1) prize per person. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple Accounts, multiple Requests, any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s), and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries and/or Entry Materials (all of which are void). An Entry may be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor: (i) the Entry (including, but not limited to, any associated Entry Materials) is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules; and/or (ii) the Entry is not in compliance with these Rules (including, but not limited to, the specific Submission Requirements set out below) and/or, as applicable, the Social Platform Rules (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY MATERIALS) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING: (I) THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY MATERIALS); (II) PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITIES; (III) ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION; AND/OR (IV) IF DECLARED THE WINNER, THE PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE). THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT OTHERWISE FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE SOCIAL PLATFORM RULES (AS APPLICABLE). THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZES.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Entry Materials they submit:
- are original to them and that the entrant has obtained all necessary rights in and to the Entry Materials for the purposes of entering such Entry Materials in the Contest;
- do not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- do not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
- are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that such Entry Materials will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Entry Materials must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained --- note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor and/or its promotional agency or designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) reserves the right to screen all Entry Materials. Any Entry Materials that the Reviewer deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules are subject to disqualification. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to remove any Entry Materials (or any part thereof) and/or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Entry Materials (or any part thereof) in order to help ensure that the Entry Materials comply with these Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Entry Materials (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant) – to help ensure that the Contest is being conducted in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules.
5. LICENSE: By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Social Platform Rules, as applicable, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use their Entry Materials (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to their Entry Materials (and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use such Entry Materials); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of their Entry Materials (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.
6. PRIZE: There are five (3) prizes available to be won in the Contest, consisting of (i) one (1) package of Veet Easy-Gel Wax Strips - Sensitive - Body and Legs; and (ii) one (1) Veet Easy-Gel Precision Wax Strips - Sensitive - Face, Bikini & Underarm (the “Prize”). The total approximate retail value of each Prize is $30 CAD.
All other costs and expenses not expressly listed as part of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the confirmed winner. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize in whole or in part for another Prize of equal or greater value should the Prize be unavailable for any reason due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. The Prize represented in promotional materials is for illustration purposes only and may not be the exact item(s) offered as a prize. The confirmed winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual prize and the stated approximate prize value, if any. All characteristics and features of the Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
7. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: At 12 p.m. (ET) on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2020 (the “Selection Date”) in Toronto, Ontario, three (3) random draws will be conducted to select, from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period, the Prize winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
Each potential winner will be contacted by TikTok direct message within ten (10) business days of the Selection Date. If the potential winner cannot be reached within ten (10) business days of the Selection Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate potential Prize winner from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential winner). The Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a potential winner. The Contest winner must be confirmed by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6.
As applicable, the potential winners are solely responsible for ensuring their Account settings are set to be able to receive notification messages, monitoring their Account for such notification messages and following all instructions contained in such notification messages, failing which, they may be disqualified (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion).
8. GENERAL: NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS THEM AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES.
a. Each Prize will be delivered to the confirmed winners within two to four weeks upon receipt of their mailing address.
b. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or a Prize. By entering and accepting a Prize, the winners consent to the use of their name, address (city and province) and/or photograph/image in any form of media without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. By accepting the Prize, the Winners agree: (1) to hold harmless the Released Parties, from all liability, including but not limited to injuries or damages of any sort connected with the receipt, use or misuse or possession of the Prize, or connected in any way whatsoever with the Contest; and (2) that the Released Parties have not offered any guarantee, express, implied, or collateral in connection with the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to amend, terminate or suspend all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the Prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. This Contest is intended to be conducted in Canada only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to Canadian law. This Contest is null and void where prohibited by law or otherwise. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsor. The Sponsor accepts no liability for printing errors on materials distributed for this Contest including online.
c. The Released Parties will not be responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, incomplete or destroyed Entries and all such Entries are void. The Released Parties do not assume any responsibility, and will not be liable, for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like Entry methods will void all such Entries, and any entrant using any such method will be disqualified. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of their Entries will be disqualified. A winner’s failure to comply with these Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the Prize, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible Entries.
d. All Entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the potential winners or otherwise in accordance with these Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
f. Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.