Facial hair or no facial hair, we support it all! But if you’re firmly in the facial hair maintenance camp, we’ve got you covered.
From taming unruly chin hairs to maintaining upper lip hair, we have the 5 key tips for you to ensure you’re going to get the smoothest skin possible after removal. Ahead, we’ll get into the best facial hair removal methods to use at home and what tips you need to get and keep hydrated, smooth skin.
Best facial hair removal methods to use at home
Thanks to modern beauty ingenuity and advancement, there are a lot of options available for facial hair removal. But if you’re inclined to do it at home, these are the three best and most accessible to you.
If you’re going to shave any facial hair, make sure your razor is exclusively for that purpose, so there’s not any bacteria building up or exchanging between the different areas you remove hair from on your body. Shaving won’t remove hair from the follicle, so it’ll grow back faster.
Hair removal cream
Also known as depilatory cream, hair removal cream is a fast and easy way to remove hair, particularly from the face. Hair removal cream melts hair after sitting on the skin for a specific amount of time and then can be scraped off.
For long lasting hair-free, smooth skin, try waxing. Waxing works to pull hair directly from the hair follicle, unlike shaving or hair removal cream, which removes hair at the surface of the skin. Waxing lasts longer— up to 28 days. Try Veet® Professional™ Wax Strips, Face, Bikini & Underarm, For Sensitive Skin, with Almond Oil.*
5 tips for facial hair removal for smooth skin
- Prep your skin. It’s important to effectively prep your skin, no matter which method you choose for hair removal. This includes exfoliating up to a day or two beforehand, and then cleansing before to remove any dirt build-up.
- Patch Test. You don’t want to have irritated skin after removing hair. Always do a patch test a day before to ensure the product you’re using isn’t going to cause any undue irritation or redness. Veet® PURE wax strips have a hypoallergenic formula** included that may help with any redness or irritation.
- Right hair length. For waxing, your hair needs to be long enough so that the wax on the strip can grip tight to the hair and pull it out. Veet® Professional™ Sensitive Skin Wax Strips - Face, Bikini, and Underarms because it works on hairs as short as 1.5mm.
- Hydrate skin. For smooth skin, it’s imperative that you moisturize your skin. After you’ve finished removing all of the hair you want gone, apply moisturizer or an oil that won’t irritate your skin 24 hours before and after waxing.
- Prioritize aftercare. Skin hydration is one thing. Hair removal aftercare includes remaining out of the sun, and applying SPF if you are around sunlight, and staying away from other treatments like facials for a little bit to maximize skin softness, and keep skin healthy and happy.
* Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the product label before use.
**Formulated to minimize the risk of allergic reactions.