The journey to smooth, hair-free skin isn’t as complicated or time - consuming as it may appear. Still, if it’s your first time incorporating it into your overall skin care routine at home, the process can be a little daunting. With so many options available in the market today, making the choice that’s right for you is increasingly important. And if that choice is Veet® hair removal cream, and you’re a first-timer, then this guide is for you.
Here, we’ll break down what hair removal is, how to use it, and provide some tips for first-timers.
What is hair removal cream?
Hair removal cream, also called depilatory cream, is a fast and efficient way to remove hair. Depilatory creams can begin to work from 2 minutes** before it’s time to wipe or scrap off the product.
Hair removal creams work on the surface of the skin to break down the hair strand, not the hair follicle, turning it into a jelly-like consistency so that it can be wiped off. Hair removal creams typically sit on the skin anywhere from 6 to 10 minutes depending on skin sensitivity and the specific product*.
How to use Veet® hair removal cream
Veet® hair removal creams, like Veet® Professional™ Full Bikini Hair Removal Cream Kit*, work to weaken the hair strand so that it can be a pain-free, fast, and easy hair removal experience.
Here’s how to use Veet® hair removal cream:
- Patch test first up to 24 hours before to ensure you don’t have any sensitivities to the product.
- Squeeze product into hand or spatula and put on the intended area (legs, underarm, or bikini line, or face).
- Make sure the product is evenly distributed across the area.
- Let it sit for the time allotted on the product package (anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes).
- When ready, wipe off hair removal cream and use a damp cloth to remove any excess left behind.
Hair removal cream tips for first-timers
Using hair removal cream sounds really easy, but there are a few tips and tricks that can help you along the way.
- Test patch. It’s so nice we had to say it twice. Seriously though, patch testing 24 hours before doing a full removal is highly recommended, especially if you’ve never used the product before.
- Do you have sensitive skin? Dry skin? Ask yourself if your skin type is anything other than normal because you’ll likely need to select a product that won’t further irritate it or has added moisturizer, like VEET® Professional™ Underarm Hair Removal Cream*.
- Go slow. Until you get the hang of it, work slowly to apply the product evenly and remove it the same way too.
*Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the product label before use.
**Veet® ProfessionalTM Hair Removal Cream starts working from 2 minutes. Other products may vary.