So you want to wax your bikini line at home — where do you start? Home hair removal methods can be just as easy and effective as, say, shaving. But waxing, for instance, is a fast, easy, and long-lasting way to keep your bikini line smooth. Veet® Professional™ Wax Strips for Sensitive Skin* is formulated with almond oil, which helps soothe skin, and lasts up to 28 days.
There are a few things you need to do before diving head-first into your first at-home wax removal. We’ve got you covered.
Let’s go through what to do before you wax your bikini line and the step-by-step process.
What to do before waxing your bikini line
If you want to use any old wax you have, we totally get it! But we’ve got some tips for you here to consider before you begin waxing your bikini line.
- Research. Like anything, doing a bit of research beforehand is going to serve you well when you actually start waxing. Do you prefer hot or cold wax? Do you have sensitive skin? What bikini style do you want? These are good questions to ask before waxing your bikini line.
- Ensure your hair is the correct length. Wax pulls hair from right from the root so you’ll need some good grip to get it out. Hair needs to be ¼ inch thick for waxing — or if using Veet Professional™, hairs can be as short as 1.5 mm.
- Find the right product for you. Does Veet® remove from the root? Yes! Having this knowledge from your research will help out in the long run. You want to use a product that’s safe and suitable for your sensitive areas and provide long-lasting results.
- Exfoliate the day before. Clear your bikini line of any built-up dirt or oil at least 24 to 48 hours before waxing.
Step-by-step guide to waxing your bikini line
You’re here! It’s time to wax. Here’s our step-by-step guide for you.
1. Cleanse your bikini line. After you’ve exfoliated, use a gentle cleanser to prep the area. Make sure you dry it thoroughly.
2. Get comfy. We encourage maximum comfortability when waxing.
3. Apply the wax strip. If you’re using a Veet® wax strip, apply it in the direction of hair growth. Rub in the direction your hair grows to make sure the wax adheres. When you’re ready, grab the tab, hold the skin taut and pull back the strip onto itself in one swift motion, close to the skin as you pull!
4. Wax in sections. Make sure you’re waxing in sections around the bikini line, following the same process as your first.
5. Aftercare. When you’re all done, clean away any wax left on your skin with a Perfect Finish Wipe.
*Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the product label before use