There has never been a better time to find the right hair removal method of your choice if going hairless is part of your skin and self-care routine. With methods like laser, waxing, shaving, sugaring and threading, the possibilities are endless. And then there’s hair removal cream.
When it comes to removing hair from the bikini line, waxing and shaving are usual go-to methods. But what about using a hair removal cream instead? It’s fast and easy.
Here, we’ll unpack how hair removal creams work, if they are safe for the bikini line, and how to use them during your next self-care session.
How does hair removal cream work?
Hair removal creams, also known as depilatory creams, work by targeting the hair strand and removing it, but not directly from the root. The cream breaks down the hair turning it into a jelly-like consistency so it can be wiped off. (Remember: Wipe, don’t rub hair removal cream.)
Hair removal creams offer a fast and effective way to remove hair, especially products like Veet® Professional™ Full Bikini Hair Removal Cream Kit*, which starts working from two minutes. It regrows similarly to shaving, typically within a few days, but without the risks of nicks to the skin or irritation from a razor.
Can I use hair removal cream on my bikini line?
It’s important to test a small area a day or two before diving head first into removing hair from the whole area. If you prefer, you can try Veet® PURE™ Cream - Hair Removal Kit for Sensitive Skin*.
How to remove hair on the bikini line with hair removal cream
Now that you know hair removal creams work, let’s get to how to use them for bikini line hair removal.
1. Test patch. It can’t be said enough to test patch first to ensure your skin won’t be irritated or inflamed by the product.
2. Put cream on the desired area. If step one goes well, next is to put the desired amount of Veet® cream on the area you want hair-free. Work in sections to remove hair.
3. Wait. Hair removal creams can start working in two minutes** and can last for about 10 minutes. Check the product label to see how long you should leave the cream on for.
4. Wipe off. Once you’ve let the hair removal cream sit for its required amount, begin to wipe off the product and see the hair coming off with it.
5. Moisturize. Post-hair removal treatment is important. Use the Veet® Gentle Finishing Cream, designed to be used on delicate skin after hair removal, to moisturize the area.
*Ensure this product is right for you. Always read and follow the product label before use.
** Veet® ProfessionalTM Hair Removal Cream starts working from 2 minutes. Other products may vary.